Spectrum Health- a world-class community health
center that proudly cares, values, and serves its community is in
search of a dynamic Public Health Hygienist who
naturally care about, values, and are dedicated to world-class
healthcare service delivery. If this describes you, come work
your life's passion at Spectrum and earn your
living where your heart is!
Nationally recognized as a Level-3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, the
highest designation for health centers, Spectrum Community Health
Center provides the highest level of care improving the health
conditions and advancing health equity within our communities through
the delivery of quality primary care, specialty, and social services.
We are the leading provider of world-class healthcare in our
community providing quality, safe, and effective care in an efficient,
equitable, and timely fashion. We serve as a model of success for the
other Federally Quality Health Center.
A full time, non-exempt position responsible for the direct provision
of oral hygiene and appropriate preventive services to dental patients
of the center. The Public Health Dental Practitioner will also be
responsible for providing appropriate oral health information to
individuals and groups.
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic patients.
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted
principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care.
- Records patient-hygienist transactions as they occur in the
patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and
completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the
patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual
counseling for all center dental patients.
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental
prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application and fluoride application
consistent with accepted professional practices and standards and in
compliance with applicable state law and the center’s clinical protocols.
- Integration of appropriate patient dental hygiene care with other
health care professionals involved in the patient’s health care management.
- Organizes and performs preventive oral health presentations at
on-site and off-site locations.
- Assists in the provision of technical assistance and health
education in the community as requested.
- Participates in the quality assurance program of the Dental
Department of the center.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a
dentist in accordance with state regulations and law as well as
Dental Department protocol and directive.
- Assists in the maintenance of all Dental Department areas in
compliance with Dental Department directives and policies as well as
center policies and procedures relative to infection control,
exposure control and safety issues.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with
professional matters, clinic business and patient care of the Dental Department.
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of the
center as appropriate and time permits.
- Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially
contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department
directives and center policy as well as state and federal regulations(s).
- Complies in full with the center’s Exposure Control Plan.
- Travels when necessary to meet operational needs.
- Responsible for personal compliance with all applicable federal,
state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures
governing the practice of dental hygiene and the clinical