Spectrum Health- a world-class community health center that
proudly cares, values, and serves its community is in search of a
dynamic Patient Services Representative who cares
about, values, and is dedicated to world-class healthcare service
delivery. If this is you, come live your life's passion at Spectrum
and earn your living where your heart is!
Nationally recognized as a Level-3 Patient-Centered Medical Home, the
highest designation for health centers, Spectrum Community Health
Center provides the highest level of care improving the health
conditions and advancing health equity within our communities through
the delivery of quality primary care, specialty, and social services.
We are the leading provider of world-class healthcare in our
communities providing quality, safe, and effective care in an
efficient, equitable, and timely fashion. We serve as a model of
success for the other Federally Quality Health Center.
Spectrum employees make a different each and every day, each and
every time, and in each and every encounter, A Spectrum
encounter will touch a soul and heal a heart. Today at Spectrum,
someone will deliver hopeful news; someone will provide comfort,
reassurance, and assistance. At Spectrum someone will smile,
welcome, and be happy to see you.
The incumbent for this position provides customer services to
patients arriving for healthcare services and handles the patient
scheduling, admittance, and registration and collections process. This
position is the first point of contact and interpersonal skills and
information accuracy is pertinent to the success of this position. The
PSR serves as an important member of the Patient Centered Medical
Homed (PCMH) care team in ensuring appropriate data capture and
accuracy of front-end processes and timely communication with the
patient and the care team members.
- Informs patient prior to visit about the fee assessment process or
co-pays and their responsibility.
- Performs patient pre-registration function and runs eligibility
reports to determine insurance coverage. Verifies third-party
insurance coverage via on-line verification or telephone.
- Receives and acknowledges all health center patients and visitors.
- Maintains and verifies patient schedule.
- Reviews sections of the patient information forms.
- Collects all co-payments or initial fees from cash paying patients
prior to the patient seeing the provider.
- Obtains patient’s signature on health care forms (for example,
Medicaid and Medicare Authorization Forms, etc.).
- Scan patients Identification and Insurance Cards into the EMR System
- Interviews a minimum of 35 to 40 patients daily.
- Schedules appointments in the EMR System.
- Backfills the Medical Assistant to record messages for providers
(for ex: RX refills, pharmacy, calls from other health care
- Handles and processes a high volume of phone calls.
- Places calls to patients to remind them of their appointments.
- Contact patients who have missed their appointments, ascertain why
and reschedule if necessary.
- Facilitates scheduling referral appointments for patients if needed
- Inputs data into computer system on an as needed basis.
- Provides printed patient instructions, community resources,
clinical visit summary and anylab, diagnostic study or referral orders.
- Performs batching process and real time check out to include
creation of daily batch and end of day batch reconciliation.
- Assist with scheduling activities to support improving patient
access including no show reports and care gap reports.
- Makes change and issues a receipt to the patient.
- Registers and updates patient, emergency contact, financial and
- Processes referrals on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as needed.
We believe that world class care for our patients starts with the
world class care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs
help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. It includes a 100%
employer paid medical deductible plan. We offer comprehensive and
competitive compensation, tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness
eligibility, paid time off, and Holidays. Spectrum is actively
engaged with its employees who are genuinely committed to our mission
and values. Together we will sustain a world class community center
dedicate to advancing health and transforming live through care, value
and how we serve.
Make Your Money Where Your Heat Is
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race,
ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial
status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim
status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected
veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.